Maternity photography is always fun and creative. I have been photographing maternity sessions in Montreal for the last 10 years. I really enjoy the direction that these sessions are taking. Lately, I’ve been working to combine portraiture (more traditional photography) with the new trends I’m seeing on Pintrest: a combination of lifestyle and documentary maternity photography.
I have had the pleasure of documenting Kate’s family over the years and it has been wonderful seeing her children grow up. Her children, Jack and Violet, are now eagerly awaiting the arrival of their new sibling and I wanted to capture some of that joy and excitement in this most recent photoshoot at their home in Montreal.Black and white photography always adds an element of timeless beauty to the photos. All my packages include a mix of colour and black and white images in high resoltution. They are all retouched and ready to print. Contact me for more information on my Family Photo Sessions and Maternity Photo Sessions.I love this photo (above) of the children listening and talking to the baby – so sweet!And Violet, who is a big fan of babies, is especially exited! Can you tell?
About Kate Fellerath‘s Maternity Photography sessions:
All my maternity photo shoots are done on location and last about an hour. I am happy to work with your inspirations or I can bring my own creative ideas to your photo shoot. I want each session to be unique and personal and create a lasting memory of this wonderful time in your life. And of course, I would love to come back and meet the baby (or babies!) for a newborn session too!
How to look your best in your maternity photos:
- it’s always best to wear something tight fitting, so the shape of your baby-bump can really show.
- don’t do your maternity photos too early. it is best to do the photos 2-3 weeks before your due date.
- I still do the stylized portraits, but these natural poses are a nice way to remember your life at that moment in time. We can do a bit of both.
- Do consider getting your hair and make-up done, it will make a big difference. If you don’t do it professionally, a little make-up can go a long way to smoothing the skin and making your photos great.
- An hour is a good amount of time for a maternity shoot. But I always stay until we’re both happy with the session.
- Consider doing your maternity photo shoot at home. You can pull out extra outfits, take breaks as needed. And you will have your own home as the backdrop for your photos. It’s a refreshing changed from the studio photos that seem to be prevalent in Montreal these days. It’s nice to do something different!
Best Maternity Clothing store in Montreal – according to me 🙂
Montreal, Qc H2T 1S1
Toll free : 1-855-374-2424
Phone: (514) 276-5995
When I was pregnant, I ended up getting my best maternity clothes from Apso bibi on St-Laurent in Montreal. They had beautiful, high quality clothes that I was able to wear throughout my entire pregnancy. I was still doing shoots and going to meetings, so I wanted to look professional and be comfortable. I highly recommend this maternity clothing store if you’re looking for well-made, fashionable and comfortable maternity clothes. And you must check out their in-house brand of AMAZING black leggings (that I lived in throughout the pregnancy). Absolutely worth a visit!