How to choose the best wedding photographer for your wedding can seem like a daunting task. There are so many photographers in Montreal, so many websites and so many different opinions. But choosing the right Montreal photographer can actually be quite simple – here are some tips to help you find the right photographer for your wedding.
- A great wedding photographer should be able to photograph your wedding with a mix of documentary, fine art and portraiture. You want to have a variety in the style of imagery for your wedding
Make sure you “click” with your photographer.
- As I’m sure you’ve been told, it’s important to get along with your photographer. They will be by your side for this important day and you don’t want to be putting up with lame jokes or stress during your wedding. Trust your judgement and your first impressions when you meet them. You’ll know when you’ve found the person who is attentive to your needs and also fun to have around. Let the portfolio speak for their work, but your meeting should be more about compatibility.
Find out exactly what’s included in your package.
- All my packages include the final retouched high resolution images. I also include prints and thank you cards. It’s important to find out what you will be getting at the end of the wedding. You don’t want to find out you have to pay more after the wedding to get your photos.
Make sure the package fits your budget.
- It’s better to have a photographer you love for a shorter amount of time than settle for one you don’t have confidence in for the whole day.
- I offer shorter and longer day packages to fit everyone’s budget and wedding size. Smaller weddings (under 75 guests) don’t necessarily need a full day package. Contact me at email@example.com to get my full price list.
About Kate Fellerath Photography
I’ve been a photographer in the wedding industry in Montreal for 10 years now and I can say with confidence that all photographers are different. I am constantly striving to get the best shots and capture the great moments for my clients. That ensures that I’m in the action, shooting constantly and always looking for the best angle.
My Wedding Photography Philosophy is to be low-key, present, engaged but never to take over the show. I want to make sure that the guests are hardly aware of me but that the bride and groom can get my attention at any moment. I like to direct the bride and groom’s portraits and the family photos but as for the rest, I let it unfold in front of me. I see beautiful shots everywhere and I’m always looking for the perfect moment that will create the memories for years to come. These can be the little moments as much as the big ones.
Feel free to contact me if you would like to find out more about my photography style and packages or to check my availability. And I wish you all the best in the planning of your wedding.
These reception photos were taken at Montreal’s Beatrice Restaurant. This is a wonderful location for a wedding. Check it out:
1504 Sherbrooke Ouest
Montreal, QC H3G 1L3